Monday, March 26, 2012

Paper Gift box


I made this box to hold a gift for my S-I-L's birthday. Jen said (jokingly) he wanted a Speedo for their upcoming Cruz. So my DH and I set out to find him one. By the time we got home I knew just how I would package it and got to work making this masculine (cute) gift box and tag with just the right message (Lol). The box when finished is a petite 4-1/4" x 4-1/4" x 2-1/4". Just perfect for a small gift or gift card.



To make this box start with a 11-1/2"x11-1/2" piece of card stock or paper.
Using the Simply Scored and Diagonal Scoring Plate, score all four sides at 2-3/4", 5-3/4" and 8-3/4".
Using a bone folder crease all score lines.
Fold opposite corners on creases so that the corners touch in the center.

Fold sides up vertically.
Tucking in the sides on the end, fold up end of box.
Fold flap over side towards center.
Folding in flap and matching corner with center of box.
Repeat with remaining side and your box base is complete.

For the lid start with a 10"x10" piece of card stock or paper and score at 3", 5" and 7".
Assemble the same way as the box base.


No adhesive required!


I made the tag using scraps of coordinating card stock, cutting small rectangles to match
the pattern on the lid. I sponged Soft Suede ink on the squares and popped them up
with Dimensionals.  


I was a hit at the party! My S-I-L even threatened to wear the Speedo.

Supplies:
124298 Soft Suede 12"x12" Card Stock
101650 Very Vanilla 8-1/2"x11" Card Stock
122359 Designer Series Paper - Well Worn
122334 Simply Scored Scoring tool
125586 Simply Scored Diagonal Plate
121899 Stamp Set - Bring on the Cake
122967 Taffeta Ribbon - Soft Suede
104199 Linen Thread
108362 Crop-a-Dial
104430 Stampin' Dimensionals
107066 Color Spritzer Tool
120973 Stampin' Write Marker - Soft Suede
115657 Classic Stampin' Pad - Soft Suede


Numbered Items can be purchase at my Stampin' Up! website:
www.hollys_hobbies.stampinup.net


Thanks for stopping by!

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave feedback




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...