Thursday, May 17, 2012

Freezer Jam

I love a freezer jam! And  while strawberries and raspberries are in season I can't resist them!
I made my Strawberry jam a couple of weeks ago and my raspberry jam this week after a trip to Costco where the raspberries jumped into my cart.

I found this instant pectin at the supermarket - So easy - No cooking, just three steps. It's that easy.
Just peel back the label for recipes and instructions

The love these plastic freezer jam jars, You can also use strait sided glass
canning jars to allow for expansion while freezing.
Mix sugar and pectin
Add sugar pectin mixture to mashed fruit. The directions call for a potato masher to mash fruit, I used my pastry cutter from Pampered Chef with a long handle.
Stir for 3 minutes.
Ladle into jars.
Let stand for 30 minutes and enjoy.
I followed the same process for the raspberry jam.
.





In all it took me about 45 minutes to make the Strawberry jam and 30 minutes
to make the raspberry jam. 

Not just for toast - Try it drizzled over a slice of white cake with cream cheese icing,
ice cream, pound cake, bagels with cream cheese, pancakes and as a milk shake mix in. It also makes a great filling for layered cakes. Maybe I should make more?

Thanks for stopping by!

Holly


 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave feedback




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...