Sunday, March 17, 2013

The demolition has begun

We are preparing to have wood flooring installed next month. Before then we have to remove the existing carpet, tile and baseboards and interior doors along with stair railings. My DH will also be rebuilding the stairs where they currently split and go to the front door and dining room. When finished the stairs will come strait down to the living room. This also means he has to move the air intake to the furnace.

This also means I have to thin out things I've collected over the last 10 years. I've been working on this for the last 6 weeks and still have more thinning to do. It sounds so overwhelming (and it is!). I just keep thinking how nice it will be in the end.

The demolition officially started last Sunday with my DH removing the railing on the stairs and the front side of the split stairs.
 
The first strike with the hammer.
Here he is posing with the newel post.
 


 Railing is gone - now what to do with this air intake?




 Today he started to remove the tile in the entryway.

He didn't get very far on the tile but did replace the garbage disposal that broke this week so I'll cut him some slack.
 
Just pluggin' along.
 
Thanks for stopping by, Questions and comments welcome.
 
Holly


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave feedback




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...